Monday, November 22, 2010

my family | the little ones

I really could not be more happy with the way this session turned out and I will always treasure these images of my kidlets.







I have been really excited to do this session with my sweet kids and have been planning it out in my head for months! I knew it would be challenging as they can be difficult to photograph... my daughter is still so young and is entering that very independant stage where she doesn't like to be "directed" at all, and my little boy with Autism doesn't quite get the whole point of taking pictures. He just wants to run around and explore! Not quite unlike a typical four-year-old, I guess. My husband was out of town, so I enlisted the help of my mom and step-dad. They were awesome and I couldn't have done it without them!

I also had in mind the end result of a big wall display above our sofa. I needed nine vertical images. Actually, the empty frames have been on the wall for a month now! They're arranged in a staggered, random looking display, not a straight grid the way they are pictured here. I promise I'll post a picture of it in the next couple of months, once the rest of the decorating is complete!

8 comments:

grammypammy November 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Cutest grandkids in the world! Love the vintage pick-up and trike!

Daisy November 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Oh, they are just adorable! The little hats are so cute and I love how you used the apples.

Kathi November 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Fabulous pictures! I can just imagine the delight running through the tall grass!

Kari November 22, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Aawwww! Absolutely adorable! I think the one of Cute Little Girl picking up an apple from the basket of apples is wonderful. And your son even looked at the camera for one! Really nice session.

grampabob November 23, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I especially enjoyed the curls peeking out from the back of Avery's bonnet, and the adventureous attitude shown in Trent's pictures.
Keep up the great work of a mom and a photographer.

collegegirl19 November 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

so so so cute! i LOVE Avery's little outfit and her little hat! nicely done photo shoot-as always!

Paradise Found November 29, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

Beautiful colors, kids, and photography. Something to be cherished for sure.

Melissa February 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

Darling kids! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP